Friday, February 17, 2006

Affirmation of my Big 4 theory...

I have advocated a position that the race for the nomination will be fought amont four candidates: John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, George Allen and Governor Romney, as recently as in my post about the CPAC straw poll. In other forums, people have contested this, adding a Frist or a Tancredo or trying to remove Mitt from the equation. So it's nice when a site like NRO affirms my belief. From the NRO TKS blog, Jim Geraghty writes about the potential replacements should VP Cheney resign:
We will begin by presuming that the President would not pick one of the Big Four contenders for the Republican nomination in 2008 – John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, George Allen or Mitt Romney. Picking any one of these guys automatically makes that person the de facto frontrunner for 2008, and then the Bush administration has made three big enemies out of the others.

I couldn't agree more. I would love to see some 4-way polling in NH, MI, SC, AZ, DE, etc...